Covering your car with the right auto policy lets you hit the road with confidence. Not every package is the same, however, and it’s important to know that the money you spend goes toward insurance that you can use. If you’re about to buy or renew a policy, make sure you have the best options for your needs. Some of the coverage types that can impact your car insurance rates in Sacramento, CA, include:
- Bodily Injury Liability – If you cause any injuries behind the wheel, this coverage pays for the related costs.
- Property Damage Liability – This option is similar to bodily injury, but for the property instead of people.
- Collision – The core component of your average policy, this coverage is mandatory for drivers in all but one state in the US.
- Comprehensive – Offering more peace of mind for a higher premium, comprehensive coverage applies to loss or damage from incidents that are not related to a collision. It is especially important if you frequently park in high-risk areas.
- Uninsured Motorist – While medical insurance will cover the cost of injuries sustained during an accident, this additional layer of protection ensures that you can afford the level of treatment you deserve, even if you collide with a driver who doesn’t have insurance of their own.