When you are researching insurance costs and quotes it may seem as if the agent is asking for a lot of inconsequential information just to give you an insurance quote. Keep in mind, however, it’s for your benefit. The more the agent knows upfront, the more precise his or her premium estimate will be. A good, reputable agent is in the business of helping you choose the policy that best suits your needs. The following kinds of insurance require a certain amount of routine information, as listed below:
- Personal information which may include dates of birth, Social Security numbers and driver’s license numbers for anyone who is on the policy.
- Driving history, which covers a list of past tickets or vehicle accidents incurred by anyone who is on the policy.
- You may also be asked about your income and assets and this information factors into the amount of liability coverage you choose.
- Renovations and repairs.
- How old is the roof?
- The condition of the plumbing, appliances like the water heater, general structure.
- Current condition and amenities.
- Health history.
- Do you have any chronic conditions?
- List major surgeries or accidents in the past five to 10 years.
- Current health.
- Purpose of insurance: Paying off mortgage, replacing your income, paying for college.
Work with a knowledgeable and personable agent at the Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency when you are shopping for insurance quotes in Lodi, CA, and the surrounding areas.